- Excellent vision – Being highly myopic, spectacle lenses are very thick at the sides, leading to a distorted image when we look sideways. This doesn't happen with lenses.
- Clean – Regular cleaning of glasses is not required because we have got grime on it.
- Excellent field of vision – Since they sit directly on our pupil, our field of vision is as far
as our eyes can go. With glasses, it is restricted to the size of our lenses – Everything outside is
- Can wear sunglasses – We can't really carry off this look if we are wearing glasses.
Sunglasses on top of glasses just doesn't work.
- Work: Putting them on every morning and taking them out every night can become a tedious chore.
- Siesta: The kind of lenses we wear make the eyes very dry if we take a nap with them on. Hence, lenses can be a nuisance if we love our afternoon siesta.
- Dust: Dust in eyes can get very painful when we are wearing contacts. In particular riding a
motorbike, especially on dusty Indian roads can be a nuisance.
- Dryness: Eyes become dry when lenses are used which can get uncomfortable at times.