Well this is sunday and my defib (ICD) delivered 12 shocks in 3 minutes which they said was "due to over sensitivity" which they adjusted... Friday was when I got the "shocks" tonight I got home from hospital & my roommate turned on the light & it blew, giving me a flashback of friday morning. I broke down into tears (was very traumatic experience for me friday) and this evening while breaking down again, got a horrific headache from the light blowing & re-living the memory from friday. Is that normal? Is it a side effect of the "shocks"? Is it PTSD? Am I going to freak out every time I see a flash now??? I know it may have saved my life, but am I going to be cursed now for the rest of my life? Anyone have any answers???
The side effects of NOT getting one would be death to the poster before me. If you're being defibrillated by either an internal device (ICD) or external, they don't shock unless you need it. As for the side effects afterwards, I can only speak for myself. Besides the obvious pain during and immediately after the shock, there's an all over body ache that comes from everything tensing up, a headache, and minor case of shakes but I think it may be from adrenaline or something.