In honor of Walter's new glasses, how many of you wear glasses and at what age did you start wearing them?

I wear progressive lenses now and have been wearing glasses for about 20 years. The older I get, the more my eyesight changes from year to year.

Skip Skip Profile
Skip Skip answered

I've worn glasses since I was 10 years old. I wore contact lenses in my 20's, 30's, and 40's. Then when I went through hormonal changes, my eyes dried out so bad, they irritated my eyes. I then had to go back to wearing glasses. I can't see without them.

dragonfly forty-six Profile

I am near sited. Started wearing glasses at 24. I only wear them to drive and watch T.V. My close up vision is fabulous.

river fox Profile
river fox answered

i where glasses for distence and i got my first pair in 5th grade so was about 10 or 11 i just went to the eye doctor yesterday unfortuntly my eye have gotton worse i wear my glasses almost all the time

Tiger  Two Profile
Tiger Two answered

About 15 years ago I noticed I couldn't see up close. Really put a hurting on my reading and cross stitch. So off to the eye DR. I now wear glasses for doing this.

hey cameron Profile
hey cameron answered

I only started wearing them recently, when I was 13. Some of the time I wear contacts, but lately I've been wearing glasses more because they are less trouble.

Walter The Grump Profile

I started wearing glasses when I was 27(early 2008). I started to notice when reading words were blurry and so were things up close. I found out I'm severely far-sighted. I'm 37 now, and am on my 4th pair of glasses. My eyes are 25-30% worse than 2 1/2 years ago when I last had my eye exam. Things up close aren't blurry now!

Gator Blu Profile
Gator Blu answered

I have been wearing glasses since my mid-20s years and need new ones. At first they were just for night time driving, but now for all driving and anywhere I need to see in the distance, such as movies and hiking.

Seeing (pardon the pun) that so many of us are wearing glasses, it is no wonder that eyewear is a nearly $35 billion business.

Danae Hitch Profile
Danae Hitch answered

I've had glasses since I was 13. When I got them, I told the doctor that they were the wrong ones - he laughed and said, no they were the right ones - I was just missing everything. I could see actual leaves on the trees. I am near-sighted in one eye, far-sighted in the other. I've had progressive lenses since I was 19 when I got my first bifocal lenses. Eye problems run in my family on my dad's side.

Janis Haskell Profile
Janis Haskell answered

I only wear reading glasses for  fine print.  I had cataract surgery on both eyes over twenty years ago, and my vision is very good.

KB Baldwin Profile
KB Baldwin answered

I probably needed them by the time I was 12 or 13, but didn't get them until I was 17.  It was amazing - I could look at a tree and see individual leaves.  I could read fine print.  Incrwedible! 

Anonymous