Vinegar is not a "cure-all" by any means, but it does have properties that render it very useful. It will kill various fungi, mould spores, and also has anti-bacterial action. You should obtain the White Vinegar from your local grocery store: it comes in half gallon and gallon sizes. It can be used to clean all counter tops, and works very well on glass surfaces too. Be sure to use it full strength (a chemicals killing ability is dependant upon strength of the chemical, and contact time on the mould/fungi/bacteria), and don't worry about the vinegar smell. It will dissipate fairly quickly.