You have not pointed out the name of the antibiotic which is being used by your daughter. MRSA or methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus is resistant to many antibiotics and is very difficult to treat. It can cause infections usually on skin. MRSA can be treated by first draining the lesion by doctor and then use of antibiotic shots like vancomycin for 10 days along with application of local antibiotics. So, MRSA can take 10 days to 2 weeks for complete treatment. Rash and some times fever are side effects of antibiotics. Your doctor is right.
MRSA are bacteria that usually cause infection on skin. This infection can develop in to abscess. Treatment of MRSA is difficult because these bacteria are resistant to many antibiotics. Treatment includes first draining of the abscess of wound or abscess by small incision and the use of special antibiotics in the form of shots. Local application of the antibiotics is also recommended. Treatment can take 2 weeks to complete.