What Can A Pulmonary Specialist Do For A Chronic Cough That My Allergist Cannot?


1 Answers

Chessie Profile
Chessie answered
A pulmonologist can do breathing treatments with you to help relax your airway. They can also do chest physiotherapy which is chest percussion to help loosen and remove any mucus that is in your airway. This quite effective and beneficial to you because the secretions pooling in your lungs can contribute to infection by providing a source of food for bacteria to grow.

You can look up the role and scope of practice for a pulmonologist to see what else they have to offer and compare them side by side to an allergist and what ever other medical professional you'd like.

Just make sure your sources are reliable

Answer Question