Is Mrsa Curable? Will It Ever Go Away? Or Leave Your Blood Cells?


7 Answers

Ian John Profile
Ian John answered
To answer the first of the three inquiries, most forms of MRSA are 'curable' but it is best to examine each inquiry separately for a fuller answer.

  • Is MRSA curable?
MRSA (Meticillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus) is a form of bacteria from the Staphylococcus aureuas (SA) family. SA is a very common bacteria that lives harmlessly on the skin and nose of around 33 per cent of the population and when SA causes an infection, it is easily treated by most common antibiotics.

MRSA, as the name suggests, is a strain of SA that has developed resistance to the more commonly used antibiotics. There are however a few antiobiotics that will kill the MRSA bacteria, so yes the bacteria can be cured in this way.

MRSA only causes a problem when it gets into wounds in the skin, the bloodstream or into normally sterile areas of the body (such as the bladder). Although healthy people, including pregnant women, children and babies can fight off the infection with no ill effects, those who have  low-resistance to infection, ill-health, injury, are drug users or have just undergone surgery, are particularly at risk. In rare cases MRSA can be fatal.

  • Will it ever go away?
Given the fact that almost a third of the world's population have the SA bacteria resident on them, it is unlikely that MRSA will be eradicated completely in the near future. What is more likely is an improvement in procedures in hospital (such as screening patients for the bug as soon as they are admitted) that limits the number of outbreaks of the MRSA bug, quicker diagnosis of patients with the illness and the development of newer forms of anti-bacterial drugs that may be able to deal with MRSA more effectively, even in patients who are particularly susceptible to it.

  • Will it leave your blood cells?
Once a person is 'colonized' by MRSA, they tend to have the bacteria for life, although it will not cause problems for the host while it is dormant. At present, this is the case, but there is research being carried out using nanotechnology that seems to have shown an ability to rid blood cells of the MRSA virus. So while this is not yet feasible at present, it is a possibility in the future, though nobody can be sure of how long this will be.

As we are not a professional medical body, we urge anybody with concerns about MRSA to contact a medical professional or doctor.
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
MRSA is contagious and is transferred by skin to skin contact and also by direct exposure from environment. It is also transferred from the hospitals. It causes infections on skin. Don't touch the wounds/blisters of the affected person especially when you have and cut or wound. The MRSA can be treated successfully. Once treated, it is eliminated completely. But a person can get new infection when exposed to the bacteria.
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
I've been dealing with MRSA for six months now.  I've been washing with Hibiclens per my doctor (I get from Kroger Pharmacy or CVS).  The MRSA kept coming back even with the use of antibiotics the cultures show as the MRSA being sensitive to.  I have recently found a way to stop the MRSA on my skin.  I use a Q-Tip and dab the Hibiclens on any break on my skin.  I leave the Hibiclens on my skin.  I do not wash it off.  The break on my skin heals within a day and no more MRSA.  I have extremely sensitive skin and leaving the Hibiclens on my skin does not burn, etc.  I have also had work order Saniguard from Allimed (they have spray and foggers).  The gym I go to uses Saniguard and there has been no cases of MRSA there.  I will also use the Saniguard at home.  Hope this helps!
Deborah Wacker Profile
Deborah Wacker answered
Once you have had MRSA they is no cure for it but what the bacteria does is goes dormant in the body. It will not flare up again unless something more or less wakens it up.
martha Profile
martha answered
If it is not being treated and it continues to get worse, then yes. It can be fatal. That is why it must be treated by a doctor.
lance holder Profile
lance holder answered
It can. I was lucky and I went to the doctor. I had it on my leg.

Answer Question