Can Someone Who Is Bipolar Only Have Manic Episodes And Never Really Be Depressive?


4 Answers

Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
I am very manic - but over the years the mania has developed into aggressive, angry behavior towards myself. Which leads to suicidal thoughts daily yet I would not call me depressed - the manic behaviors hurt and physically the manic robs my body. When the Mania is at a time high - I used to love it and was charming funny I am at times purely unable to live life. I would urge the manic person to start eating very healthy, surround themselves with one person they trust with everything and begin to develop a safety plan for suicide attempts, spending sprees, sexual acting out, whatever manic behavior they may have. My experience is it took a long time to accept the disorder and it took longer for a dr to diagnose it because I did not want to take medicine. Several Psych wards later and one decent suicide attempt (others were small failures) I am still battling.
thanked the writer.
carrie commented
Thank you so much for sharing your story with me. I know that so many people with this disorder either refuse to acknowledge it or refuse to take the meds because they don't like how they make them feel. I wish my ex husband would at least be willing to talk to a dr about it. He is no longer even allowed to see our children unsupervised because of his outbursts.
Jacquelyn Mathis Profile
My daughter has this condition, and she seldom, if ever gets depressed. So, clinically, I wonder if there should be another name for it. I bet your husband also suffers with a little ocd, obsessive compulsive disorder, as my husband is very much like this. Sure hope this helps you out.
George McConnell Profile
Yes. My son-in-law is bipolar and does not have bad boughs of depression though he does have some cases of it, it's not near as bad as my wife's clinical depression symptoms.
Christina Madera Profile
From what I have read  BPD happens in
cycles shifting from mania TO depression.
I agree with tiggersmom on the OCD thing.
You should talk to the doctor.

Answer Question